Friday, August 12, 2011

The count down

1 week to go until our big trip!

So nervous.  I just have no idea what to expect.  

The last week was tough.  Teething has turned the little man into a little monster.  But the last two days he's been back to his ol' goofy self.. and I think "maybe it wont be so bad".  I know how one week it can all change.  Teeth can start back up.  I think we are only in the clear with one of them... 3 more to go.  Colds can pop up, ear infections... pink eye... hand, foot and mouth disease!  All things to turn our fun guy into the devil.  The devil who will make 4 hours on a plane the longest four hours ever known to man.

I keep reading about things you can do to make the plane trip better.  A lot has to do with paying off the people around you.  Buying drinks, bringing little gift bags of candy and ear plugs or coffee gift cards.  Seriously?  Do people expect this now? Babies are babies.  Unless the parents are completely ignoring them, I am pretty understanding that kids do what they do.  I want a gift card from that jackass with the bad gas and BO.  Or the person who keeps coughing  on me and hogging the arm rest.  (But he is my husband so I have to be happy with him getting me coffee some mornings... haha) With all the things I have to lug around to keep the baby happy, now I have to lug around things to make everyone else happy, too?

I am less worried about what to expect once we get there.  This trip is a little different than the last.  Family is different than childless friends.  If Emmett melts down around family.. oh well, If we need to cut thing short so he can take a nap or eat they will understand. I'm not keeping anyone from having a good time.  Or if I am... they can deal because they've kept me from good times plenty in my life :)

I'm excited to go to MN.  To introduce Emmett to everyone.  It seems so strange now that he is this HUGE part of our life.. and no one knows him.

So now the prep starts.  Seems like a long time to work on packing.. but  I know how motivated I am most nights at 9 p.m.  I better get most of it done this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment